Friday, July 30, 2010

::Team Twilight:: Fan Fiction Friday BONUS **Camp Cullen needs our help**



Hey! It’s been rumored that Lab Tech Andi had a Fan Fiction Friday Bonus. I know you weren’t expecting bonuses to be available quite so soon, but this one is special. When you get to the blue door at the back of the shack, you’ll have to knock to the rhythm of “Kumbaya” and the password is “S'mores” to gain access. Be Safe!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Friday was finally coming to a close, so when the knocks on the door started to slow down, I thought I’d relax for a bit with my friend DazzleMe Cullen and fix us a couple of Irritable Grizzlies. Suddenly, without warning, the door flew open wide, hitting the wall and warping a few of the hinges. Since Emmett and Rosalie were still supposed to be out gathering up authors to stock my lab, you can imagine my shock when a wild looking Rosalie stood in the open space. She was covered head to toe with soot while leaves and twigs were all caught up in her golden hair; I’d never seen her appear so disheveled. So, with concern, I stood from my chair to greet her, but she flashed over to me before I could get to her.

“Andi, you have to help them!!” she all but shouted at me.

“Help who, Rose? I’m a human, there’s only so much help I would be to a vampire, unless I were their lunch.” I responded back, and then started to look around her. “Where’s Emmett, Rose? He was supposed to be with you; did something happen?” I put a hand on her arm to try and calm her, but it wasn’t working.

“We were out, looking for authors like you wanted.” she walked around me to sit in my chair. “While going through Trinity, Texas, we passed a road sign for Cullen Loop; Emmett thought it was funny, so we followed it. We ended up at a YMCA youth camp called Camp Cullen. It was still early, so we thought we’d look around. Then, Emmett caught sight of a small brown bear sniffing around near the dining hall. Fearing the safety of the kids, Emmett went after it, but bumped into a power line in the process. Andi, it set the building on fire! Now, those poor children have no where to eat and the camp is going to have to close for the rest of the summer!” She put her face into her hands and mumbled, “It was an accident; Emmett didn’t mean to destroy their dining hall.” Finally looking up at me, she took both my hands in hers, “Isn’t there something we can do?”

I looked at Rose and then looked at DazzleMe, when she gave me a small nod I turned back to Rose and said, “We’ll see what we can do?”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~




DazzleMe Cullen contacted the camp director about possibly buying some t-shirts from them. They were super sweet, and would love it if we'd buy the t-shirts. Since they had to close the camp for the summer, they have a bunch lying around.

No Adult mediums left, but the rest in Adult and Kids sizes are available at $20 per shirt, which includes delivery in the US, not sure if they will do international. If you’re interested in getting one, contact Shelby Cox via email at Shelby.Cox@ymcahouston.org or call 936-594-2274.

If you’d like to just make a donation to the camp you can follow this link to do so:
https://www.networkforgood.org/donation/ExpressDonation.aspx?ORGID2=741109737

To visit the website for the camp, visit: http://www.ymcacampcullen.org/



As an extra special treat, I’m offering up one final fan fic for the day. It’s the sequel to the “Cullen Family Camping Trip” titled “Cullen Family Camping Trip II: Back to the Woods” by LeesaM. In this fic, all the Cullens have 22 silly chapters and 3 outtakes to display their fair share of zany behavior and harmlessly pranking a few of their old classmates. After the first camping trip, Bella and the Cullens were ready to put it behind them and move toward the upcoming wedding, until Charlie's 'thank you' present sends the household back into a panic - and back to the woods at a youth camp. Thankfully, no innocent dining halls were harmed in the creation of this fan fic.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5245433/1/Cullen_Family_Camping_Trip_II_Back_to_the_Woods

Now, I would probably suggest s’mores to go along with this campfire tale, but I think that would be in poor taste, don’t you? So I’ll offer up somethin’ just as tasty, but will cool the fires all the same, I call it a “Vampire's Blood Smoothie”.

1/2 cup lemonade
1 cup crushed ice
2 scoops raspberry sorbet
1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1 cup frozen strawberries

In a blender, process the ingredients until smooth. Serve in a tall glass and garnish with strawberry.

So here’s keeping my fingers crossed that Emmett won’t destroy anything else, by accident or on purpose, and Rosalie will fix my door before next week. I’ll be locked up tight in the Love Shack Laboratory if you need a fix. Tweet (FanFicDealer), Message, or email (fanficdealer@gmail.com) if you want to talk shop.

The deal has been made. ;)

0 comments: