Saturday, April 24, 2010

::Team Eclipse:: One piece of jewelry, one big CONTROVERSY! The saga of the ring!

Hey Sparkly Ones,

Oh yeah I'm gonna dip my toes into this pool of molten lava and inflict my opinion of THE RING on you!  Don't know what I am talking about? Well, as with all things in our fandom, one little thing can turn into bitch-fest 2010 on the internets in a matter of seconds and that's what happened with the ring yesterday after the final trailer was revealed.  Many seem to feel the ring is not right, it's not what it should be.  To that I say, you better take that up with the goddess herself, Stephenie Meyer. The ring is EXACTLY what it should be. Here are Stephenie's own words about the ring:

“Nestled into the black satin, Elizabeth Masen’s ring sparkled in the dim light. The face was a long oval, set with slanting rows of glittering round stones. The band was gold — delicate and narrow. The gold made a fragile web around the diamonds.”


I'm not gonna argue with Stephenie's words!  Here's hoping we're done discussing this now and can move forward in salivating anticipation of June 30th!  I am done anyway, there's much fangirl squeeing to be done, I don't have time for controversy! 



Dazzling Hugs, 
Lisa




0 comments: