Friday, February 4, 2011

::Team Twilight:: Fan Fiction Friday



So, what do you have planned for Sunday? Are you really planning to watch the game or just tune in for the half time show? If you’re not into football or watching commercials then I know Lab Tech Andi has an alternative and the Cullen boys are more than ready to keep you entertained. All you need to do is knock the tune of “The Super Bowl Shuffle” and give the password “Football”. Be Safe!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I was still a mile or two from the shack when I noticed how stormy it was getting. I could hear the thunder boom in quick succession and figured I really needed to hurry so that I wouldn’t get caught in any rain. As soon as I pulled up to the lab door, I saw it before I even got out of my car, stuck to the door was a bright red envelope that said “Andi” written in Edward’s beautiful handwriting:



Now if I said that I even paused for a moment, I would be lying. Give me the opportunity to blow off work and gawk at hunky men and I’m so there! I quickly shoved the note in my pocket and revved the engine of my car. Five minutes later, I was standing at the edge of the clearing beside Alice. Gazing out at the group on the field, I was not at all surprised to see Carlisle, Emmett, Jasper, and Edward, but when I also saw Rosalie, Bella, Jacob, Seth, Leah, Quil, and Embry I was a little more than shocked.

“Umm… Alice? What are the wolves doing here?” I asked her, but instead of Alice answering my question, Renesmee took my hand to show me.

“Hey man, the pack in La Push wants to challenge us to a football game on Sunday.” Jacob was telling Edward.

“Honestly Jacob, I doubt they want to play football with us; your pack, maybe, but not the vampires.” Edward responded.

“But there aren’t enough of us,” Seth whined and Edward rolled his eyes. It was obvious Edward was seeing more in their minds than what was actually being said.

“Fine, get the word to Sam that we’re on. I’ll get a time from Alice and we play before the Super Bowl. Then everybody can come to the house and watch the game on the big screen.”

I saw Seth pump his fist and then the image faded.

“Oh, ok then.” Renesmee smiled up at me and Alice turned her head to me.

“I’m getting better about seeing around the wolves, so they won’t let me play, but Bella and Rose refused to be left out of the game.” She said and I could tell she was somewhat annoyed about being left out.

“The whole Super Bowl must be pretty boring for you anyway; I bet you already know who wins.”

“Actually, I can only give you a probability of the outcome, since there are too many people making decisions.”

“Yeah, that’s why you predicted 2008 wrong, right?” Emmett yelled from the field.

“Emmett, Rose will pummel you if you continue to pick on me. Any you sure you want to test my predication on that?” she yelled back at him.

“Nope, that’s okay. Carry on.” He answered and returned his focus to the game. I just giggled.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So thinking about the Super Bowl, I wondered if my authors would have the Cullen boys go all the way. *wink* *wink* I think we’ll keep our minds on the game or at least make an effort with all these dealings that have the NFL written all over them.

My first touchdown came in the form of a brilliant one-shot titled "Football Widow" by Ms.MayCullen23. Its football season and just like any other woman, Rosalie is widowed every weekend and even on Mondays by a husband who's deeply involved in a seasonal affair. However, Rose has had enough and sets in motion her own Hail Mary pass to regain her husband's attention. Will Rose's plan result in a play of the day or will she fumble? Pay close attention and even the most seasoned football widow may learn a trick or two.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6265801


Next, the team made a long distance pass with this beautiful fic titled "Reservations" by EmmaleeWrites05. By some wacky coincidence, Alice just happens to know the answer to a radio trivia question, thereby winning two tickets to see the Bears battle the Seahawks. They know they won't be able to stay for the whole game, but how can any girl miss the opportunity to ogle men in tight pants. So while they're working at the desk of a fancy hotel in downtown Seattle, imagine Bella's surprise when she ended up checking in the very same man in tight pants she had been ogling all afternoon. Once Emmett Cullen gets one good look at this girl who is checking him in, he just knows he has to spend more time with her; asking her to the after game party, then on a date, and then he's gone with the team. Is one date enough to fan the flames of a long distance relationship? You'll have to read to find out.


Next, my team scored in this roller coaster tale called "Right Before My Eyes" by lovedforeternity. Bella Swan is an ambitious, smart, and funny sports agent. She's quite aware that being a female in this line of work puts her at a disadvantage, so she worked hard and blew everybody away when she managed to land Edward Cullen as a client. She was over the moon when he agreed to sign on with her, of course that was several years ago; now his out-of-control behavior is about to ruin her. Edward knows his personal life is destroying everything he cares about. Well, he be able to fix it in time or is it too late?
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5467999


My next goal in the game came in a little known tale called "First and Ten "by Ms. T. Switzerland. Edward Cullen is the best quarterback in the league and he knows it. Coming out of college, he had pick of teams, but Edward knew he didn't want to be anywhere but Dallas. Edward is also quite aware that because of his position that he can have any woman he wanted, but there are things about his sexual nature that keep him from choosing to be with just anyone. Edward has a dominate side that's been seeking out a perfect submissive. He's been trying to lock away that desire for a while until he meets the daughter of the new team security guard. She seems so sweet and innocent and he really doesn't want to frighten her off, but she knows more about him than she's letting on. She has a few dark desires of her own that she knows only Edward can fulfill. Is he up to the task?
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6172718


Finally, we managed to get some new blood in this fearless tale titled “The Sports Agent” by LauraAnn22. Edward Cullen was only is his second season when his agent got him traded instead of getting him more money like he asked. Getting traded sucked and although he knows he’d still be moving all the way across the country, there was no way Edward was going to put up a lazy agent. Edward knew what he wanted and he needed representation that could satisfy his needs. Of course, this is how he met Bella Swan, no non-sense, full of spit and fire; she had not tolerance for stupidity. She was already the agent for two of his new teammates and she was exactly what he was looking for. In the words of Edward Cullen, “She was so beautiful, witty, and sexy. I really had to get my shit together or that girl was going to own my ass.” This Bella is no push-over, which is incredibly refreshing from the usual persona. I just know you’ll love her.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5685496


Now to go along with all these fics, I think we need something that you can make in abundance. That way if everyone else in your house is watching the game and you’re reading, they can help themselves without bothering you. So I give to you my “Super Easy Chili”:

1 lbs. Ground Beef
2 15oz cans of Chili Beans
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 15oz can tomatoes sauce
12oz V8 Juice
1 tbsp Chopped Onion
8oz Mild Taco Sauce
1/2 cup Water

Brown ground beef in a 2 quart saucepan. Drain well, then add remaining ingredients. Simmer on low heat for at least 30 minutes.



Don't forget to log the chapters you've reviewed for the Million Word Reading Challenge, Tweet (FanFicDealer), Message me on Facebook, or email (fanficdealer@gmail.com) if you want to talk shop.

The deal has been made. ;)

0 comments: