Friday, August 6, 2010

::Team Twilight:: Fan Fiction Friday



I know you’ve been waiting all week, but now the wait is over. Fan Fiction Friday is finally upon us so gather round and I’ll tell you what you need to know. I’ve been told that Lab Tech Andi’s dealing some pretty tasty treats this week. So, walk swiftly to the blue door at the back of the shack, knock the beats of Frank Sinatra’s "Come Fly With Me" and the password is “Happy Places”. Be Safe!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

What a busy week. Emmett and Rosalie came back with a whole truck load of authors, so it was time for me to do what I came here to do, find something good. I spent the entire weekend getting all the authors hooked up, organized, and tucked away; trying to make the results of my experiments just a little bit easier to sift through. However, my adopted vampire family had other plans.

As I unlocked the door to the lab the next morning, I was suddenly assaulted by Calypso music and what was all over my floor? Is that sand? "WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON IN HERE?" I yelled over the music. One quick scan of the room told me exactly who my midnight decorators were; I hung my head as I closed the door, softly banging my head into the door frame.

The Lab had been completely transformed into a Caribbean tiki bar. There was a huge, floor-to-ceiling fish tank along one wall; paper lanterns hung all over the ceiling. One corner of the room housed a brand new bamboo bar complete with a mock thatched roof and a smiling Jasper, who was mixing drink behind it for my authors who were sidled up to it. As I raised my head and rolled my eyes, Alice put a gentle hand on my shoulder. "Now, it's just like a vacation for them," she told me as she waved her hand towards the dancing and drinking authors.

"Alice," I sighed, "but now they'll get nothing done." I went to put my stuff away and then turned to her. "If I'm going to get any of these authors to produce anything worth while, all this," I waved my hand around, "has to go."

"Don't you like any of it, Andi? The authors are all so happy, don't we want them to be happy?" she asked in a pleading tone, nodding her head as if trying to get me to agree with her.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. "Leave the fish tank and the sound system; remove everything else and please do it quickly. I'm going to have to get these authors sobered up before I can get started." I explained. Then I quickly set to work gathering all the authors back up again.

Alice stood before me with a slight pout on her beautiful pixie face, "I really thought you'd like it, but I guess I was paying too close attention to the authors."

I hugged her tight and kissed her cheek, "its okay, I really do like the fish tank and the music will be relaxing too. Thank you, for those."

At that her face brightens and she looked at me, "Okay, we'll get all this cleaned up and be out of your hair in no time. Hmmm... Hey Jasper?" she asked in his direction.

"Yes'm," he responded to her, lifting his head.

"Want to spend a week at Isle Esme? School will be starting soon and we won't have another chance." she nearly sang the question to him then started bouncing and clapping her hands even before he got the words out.

He laughed at the sight of her then said, "I'd love to."

"Then let's get this cleaned up and get out of here. We still have to ask Carlisle even if I do already know his answer." she said to him peering through her lashes. Then I stood back and watched as the flurry of deconstruction began.

Two hours later and my authors were at least sobering up where they needed to be and Alice and Jasper both kissed me on the cheek and flashed out the door, presumably to be some place tropical.

As the silence of the lab returned, I sat gazing at my new wall of marine life and pondered the idea of being somewhere tropical or even maybe going some where snow covered; curling up with a good book and a wonderful drink. Then I walked to the sound system and with the volume low, turned on the Caribbean music and let it sweep me away while my authors were recovering.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Here are my deals for the week, regardless of the weather in each adventure, they are all steamy hot and very lemony.

The first is called "Never Sleep in a Strange Man's Bed" by WndrngY. In this tale Bella takes a vacation to Hilton Head Island in South Carolina to meet Alice's new boyfriend, Jasper. Rosalie and Emmett come along, too, making Bella feel even more like a fifth wheel. With Jasper's roommate out of town, Bella has his nice big bed all to herself. Until Edward comes home in the middle of the night... hmmm. Currently, this story stands at 32 chapters and isn’t complete yet. It’s getting close though and with a southern Edward that has sexy coming out of every pore, it’s one you’ll want to catch-up on.

http://twilighted.net/viewstory.php?sid=3361

My second deal is called "Tides of Fate" by SparklingTwilight620. This tale is complete with 37 amazing chapters and a series of epilogues that will blow you away. It begins with Alice and Rosalie dragging best friend Bella along on a tropical vacation, after two years of depressed seclusion from a bad relationship. But all it takes is one night, a tiki bar, and a damn hot bartender to change her outlook on the whole trip. The characters are wonderfully written and there are a few that will surprise you.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5031275/42/Tides_of_Fate
http://twilighted.net/viewstory.php?sid=4815

My last offering, just in case the heat is getting to ya, is called "Snowed In" by eclipsedawn. In this story, Bella travels to Alaska to vacation in the cabin her friend Alice loaned her. It doesn’t take long for her to figure out she's not the only one staying at the cabin. The author claims that this story is unfinished, at its 29 chapters, but it’s so complete the way it is, I can’t imagine what else they would add to it. By the way, this Edward could warm me up anytime.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4803932/29/Snowed_In
http://twilighted.net/viewstory.php?sid=1588


To go along with the fic-cations I’m offering up, here’s a little something you’ll all want to have, just to take you to your happy place.

Sex with the Bartender

1/2 shot coconut rum
1/2 shot triple sec
1/2 shot lime juice
1 splash grenadine syrup
fill with 7-Up® soda
lemons
limes
1 splash Irish cream

In a Highball Glass, Mix rum, triple sec, lime juice, grenadine and 7-up. Garnish with lemon and lime, then splash irish cream down the middle.

Until next week, I’ll be trying to keep my authors in their happy places, so I can dream away in mine. Tweet (FanFicDealer), Message, or email (fanficdealer@gmail.com) if you want to talk shop.

The deal has been made. ;)

0 comments: