Saturday, August 7, 2010

::Team Jasper:: Jackson Rathbone is dying to play ‘The Riddler’

The Twilight star tells us about his next projects – and what roles he’s dying to play!

Nothing is official until you sign on the dotted line, which is why Joseph Gordon-Levitt might need to do some serious campaigning for the role of The Riddler in director Christopher Nolan’s next Batman film. Twilight hunk Jackson Rathbone confides that he’d love to play the part – and we think he’d be perfect!

“Are you kidding me? I would do that at the drop of a hat!” the 25-year-old actor told HollywoodLife.com exclusively at Melanie Segal’s T.J. Maxx-sponsored Celebrity Retreat August 5. “I’m not going to take my hat off now,” he joked, “but that would be awesome. That is the kind of role I like. I like character parts.”

Sorry BFFs, but this means you’ll never see Jackson playing a romantic lead like his Twilight co-star Robert Pattinson! “The only roles I don’t like are the romantic leading man parts,” he said. “You know, at the end of the day, I like playing the stranger character. I like playing to the extremes of the human psyche and like to expand myself through art.”

Currently, his arty plans include directing and performing with his band, 100 Monkeys. “[My band] worked on the score for a movie I am doing called Girlfriend,” he told us, adding, “I also acted in it. I also plan on directing a short film that wrote that I will be filming next year.”

Although he has all these new plans, Jackson isn’t going to forget the series that made him a household name! In fact, he even tells us that he’d like his Twilight character, Jasper Hale, get his own movie! “I’d like to see Twilight Origins: the Jasper Story!” he declared. “That is is what I am pitching. I want to get back to the civil war vampire army mode. That was so much fun to film in Eclipse. It will be very sad because every time we get to film another Twilight film, it’s honestly a family reunion. I’ve grown up with all these actors, as artists and as people. It is so lovely to see all their careers take off and they all deserve it. I am blessed to be one of them.”

SOURCE: Hollywood life

0 comments: