Saturday, March 27, 2010

::Team Twilight:: Fan Fiction Friday - Interview with Author, Morgan Locklear of Bella Voce

Hello to all you sparkly readers, as promised we have an exclusive interview with one of the male authors of the Twi-vers on Fan Fiction Friday. The gracious & talented author of Bella Voce, Morgan Locklear was kind enough to answer a few questions for our readers.

Morgan told us how he came to read the Twilight Series, what inspired him to begin writing Fan Fiction, what his lovely wife thinks of his writing & we even found out what Team he is on.

DCLS: Why did you read the Twilight series?
MOG: I was nine chapters into writing a zombie book (in first person)and my wife suggested that I pick up Twilight because it was also written in first person. She knew that I was unsure of my writing 'voice' and she thought I might find inspiration. I read all four books in about three weeks and haven't touched the zombie project since in favor of story idea I had for Edward and Bella in the late 1800's. (Bella Voce)

DCLS: What did you think of the series after you read it?
MOG: I spent the first three books wishing that Bella would stop bitching about becoming a vampire and the last one wondering why the hell he did it. I enjoyed them but it was the characters that drew me further and further into the narrative.

DCLS: What Team are you on?
MOG: I like that Edward and Bella ended up together, but I would have to classify myself as Team Carlisle.

DCLS: Why did you start writing Twi-Fic?
MOG: I was looking for advice on writing, and Jennifer said that dozens of people would read and critique my work so I could improve.

DCLS: What does your wife & beta think of you writing Twi-Fic?
MOG: Jennifer always thought that I should go for it as long as it was quality work. Since she is my Beta, she is now in charge of the quality control and keeps me focused on emotion and description. She has also helped me outline the whole story and it's eventual end.

DCLS: Will you continue with the Twi-verse and why?
MOG: I will continue as long as someone is reading, and I have years to go on this story and it's potential offspring.

In closing Morgan said, "Thank you for including me, I know that the novelty of being a male is worth a peek but I am thrilled to see that the fandom has stayed with me because of the quality of the writing and not just because I have a pee pee. This story appeals to some people because it's funny while others really like the sweet romance and the fact that Jacob is a good guy in this one. Other people really like the historical refrences or the old school vampire lore. Others still like that I have written origional music for the story and included links to the songs therein. Is short, I write like I drive, fast and crooked."

I must add that Bella Voce is a beautifully written story that is captivating & takes you to a time of mystery & romance. I absolutely adore this Fic & bite my nails waiting for the next update. The music is lovely & is truly inspired by the story.

Thank you so much Morgan for taking the time to answer our questions. I hope that with this piece we'll get you even more readers & that you will be happy with our recommendation. Send our love to Jennifer & thank her from us for getting you to write...we love your work!

Bella Voce by Morgan Locklear

Rated: M
Type: Romance/Supernatural AU/OOC Canon Couples/Vampires
POV: Bella
Status: Work in Progress (6 chapters)
Shack Rating: * * * * * (5 sparkles!!)

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5747816/1/Bella_Voce

Paris 1891: Bella is a popular stage vocalist and theater owner. She's also a very powerful vampire. Edward is a piano teacher who attends one of her performances and captures her attention. Together they explore the Bohemian Revolution and each other.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Any other blog who wishes to post this interview, may do so but only with Full credit going to Dr. Cullen's Love Shack. Thank you.

0 comments: