Friday, January 13, 2012

::Team Twilight:: Fan Fiction Friday


Has Breaking Dawn finally left all of your local theaters too?  Do you have a giant gaping hole where it used to be?  Well, it won't be much longer before you'll be able to own a copy, but until then Lab Tech Andi has found some deliciously movie quality fics that help to soothe your ache.  Skip down the path to the blue door behind the shack, knock the sweet guitar melody of "A Twist in My Story" by Secondhand Seranade and whisper the password "Screenplay". Be Safe!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The water felt thick as I pulled my body forward with each stroke until I reached the side and pulled myself out.  The water in my ears still muted the room, so I started scanning the people sitting around the pool noticing a large crowd over on the bleachers.  A few of them shuffled to the side revealing who held them all captivated and I froze. Sitting in the middle of the gathering were Stephenie Meyer and Bill Condon chatting animatedly with the surrounding crowd.  I blinked a few times, clearing my head and stood to get my towel.  I wrapped myself up and with sudden determination; I headed in their direction to go talk to them.

A hand shot out, grabbing my arm and breaking my focus.  Turning my head toward the unwelcome interruption, I was met by a young woman with a frantic look in her eyes.  “It’s happened again!” she shouted at me and I turned to quickly glance back at the crowd.  Then she shook my arm just enough to get my attention again, “Andi! Do you hear me? It’s happened again!!”

I glared at her not understanding what she was talking about and wanting to tell her I really didn’t care.  Whatever it was could wait!  Stephenie Meyer was mere feet from me and I raised my arm to point at the crowd, “But –“ I said turning back to the bleachers that were now crowded with even more people.

“Wake up, Andi!” She shook my arm a little harder. “Look!  Here’s another Twilight fan fiction that’s been re-worked into an original story!”  She shook my arm again and I blinked.  When I opened my eyes the room was really bright and on its side.  I groaned as I lifted my head to right the world again and blinked at her.

It was one of my authors thrusting her little iPad in my face, “She’s getting published!” She all but shouted at my confused expression.  I took the device from her and sat up.

“What are you talking about?” I asked trying to clear the fog of disappointment from my brain.  Damnmit! I was so close to meeting Stephenie, even if she was only an imaginary version. Oh well.  I read the title of the story my author had pulled up.  “Oh yeah, that is a good story. Good for her!” I said handing the story back to her and stretched.

“But SHE’S getting published!!” she said with even more emphasis.

“And…” I prompted.

“They’re talking film attention!”

“And…”

“AND? How can she do that? How DID she do that?” she asked and I understood.

“Ah, I see. Well, she wrote a story that people felt compelled to talk about.  It’s how most things are sold or traded.” I told her, getting up from my desk.  I was in some serious need of caffeine.

“But it’s fan fiction,” she said following after me.

“The only difference between fan fiction and regular published literature is that the readers of fan fiction have inside knowledge as to one of the influences of that story.  Once any story is published, a blind reader may not pick up on any similarities of influence.” I explained pouring myself a cup of coffee.

“I want to be published.” She said rather plainly and leaned against the counter.

I laughed and took a sip of my coffee before I spoke. “Darlin’ you already are, you’re just not getting paid for it.”

“Well, how do I do that?” she asked

“I’ll tell you what; we’ll talk about that, if you help me find some stories. Deal?”

“Deal.” She responded smiling widely and we walked back over to my desk to get back to work.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

With all the fics I’ve seen that have gotten the attention of publishers or even media attention, it really got me to thinking about Hollywood. So, many stories that could be commercially published, but it really all depends on the writer.  Some people just love to write and fame really isn’t their goal, but then again… All my deals this week are Hollywood based or something I think should be on the big screen.  I hope you enjoy them all.


My first deal is a tale I’ve loved since the very first chapter and would make the best movie called “Clockwork” by Derdriu oFaolain. Bella Swan is an American scientist in 1942 working to help stop the war against Germany, but something feels wrong about her fellow scientists and so she begins to investigate.  Meanwhile in 2010, the war with Germany is still going on.  Edward Cullen was a scientist for the US military, but after escaping capture in Argentina, has gone AWOL and now suffers from his traumatic past. A chance event allows their paths to cross, but decisions they have not yet made threaten to tear them apart.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5996248


My next deal is a sweet story set in Hollywood and could probably mirror a real life actor more than our fictional favorites titled, “Reel Life” by sandyk199.  Used to feeling lonely in a crowded room, Edward Cullen is on another press junket for his latest film when the last journalist on his schedule breaks through the tedium. Half an hour later, she's gone - or so he thinks.  Life in the public eye comes with many challenges and Edward and Bella will have to learn how to overcome them or let them tear them apart.  One of my favorite things about this story is Rosalie.  She’s not often portrayed as a loving unselfish character, but in this one she honestly just wants everyone to be happy.  I just want to hug her.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5078789


This next story would make the most marvelous chick flick and will only be available until January 25th, it’s called, “Serendipity” by Suzie55.  This is a story about finding love, losing love, and finding it again all at the whim of fate.  Edward and Bella thought they had it all, the perfect life, until a tragic accident ripped them apart.  He thought Bella was gone forever; that’s when fate stepped in again and gave him the opportunity to make her fall in love with him all over again.  Will he be able to bring Bella back or has she lost too much to return to a life she has no memory of?  You simply MUST read this before she takes it down!
http://www.suzie55.blogspot.com/2012/01/stephenie-meyer-owns-all-things.html

And last I’ll give you this script worthy story called, "Never Sleep in a Strange Man's Bed" by WndrngY. In this tale Bella takes a vacation to Hilton Head Island in South Carolina to meet Alice's new boyfriend, Jasper. Rosalie and Emmett come along, too, making Bella feel even more like a fifth wheel. With Jasper's roommate out of town, Bella has his nice big bed all to herself. Until Edward comes home in the middle of the night... hmmm.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4896195

To go along with all these movie type tales, I’m going to recommend an After Eight Martini:

Ingredients    
3/4 oz    White Creme de Cacao
3/4 oz    White Creme de Menthe
3/4 oz    Vodka

Directions
Mix and strain into cocktail glass. Garnish with mint sprig or something chocolate.



Until next time, Tweet (FanFicDealer), Message me on Facebook, or email (fanficdealer@gmail.com) if you want to talk shop.

The deal has been made. ;)

1 comments:

lisastovall said...

I am looking for Serendipity. D you have it? Can you email it to lisastovall73@gmail.com? Thanks!